APECQ at the "5@7 de la rentrée" event
On September 28, the Corporation des entrepreneurs généraux du Québec (CEGQ) held its "5 à 7 de la rentrée". Numerous decision-makers and key players in the construction industry were in attendance.
Our General Manager, Alain Deschamps, had the pleasure of speaking with the Minister of Labour, Mr. Jean Boulet, on current issues such as :
- Encouraging the decompartmentalization of trades;
- Removing barriers to inter-regional worker mobility;
- Accelerating recognition of foreign workers' prior learning;
- Encouraging our young people to enter the various construction trades;
- Keep a watchful eye on opportunities for automation, prefabrication and innovation;
- Build more, better and sustainably.
This meeting reaffirms APECQ's desire to contribute to the Minister of Labour's reflections on his planned reform of the construction industry this fall.
From left to right: Sophie Larivière-Mantha, President, Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec; Maxime Rodrigue, CEO, APCHQ; Éric Côté, CEO, Corporation des entrepreneurs généraux du Québec (CEGQ); Michel Beaudoin, CEO, Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ); Jean Boulet, Minister of Labour; Alain Deschamps, DG, APECQ; and Jean-François Arbour, President, ACQ.